And if you’re Bitcoin, you just rail the swings of publicity created by the likes of 50 Cent.
February Legal, 2018
Celebrities and cryptocurrency marketing. The hype is real. Cryptocurrencies are now so well-known that even celebs are hopping on the bandwagon – and why not? It’s the ideal chance for them to pose with their latest bling ter vooraanzicht of wads of metselspecie – or at least that’s how boxer Floyd Mayweather showcased his ICO involvement on Instagram.
A single crypto-related tweet, share or Snapchat pic from a well-known starlet can catapult digital tokens straight onto the crimson carpet and into the eyes of paparazzi (otherwise known spil the mainstream financial media, but that doesn’t sound spil good) – so let’s take a closer look at celebrities and cryptocurrency marketing.
While some A-listers are all overheen cryptocurrencies and seem to know exactly what they’re talking about with regards to promoting crypto wallets or token sales – others sort of get tied up ter it all by accident. Or at least that’s what happened to 50 Cent who somehow left behind that he took a chance on Bitcoin years before many people knew what it even wasgoed.
That’s right. Back ter 2014, 50 Cent accepted Bitcoin spil payment for his album Animal Ambition. A single Bitcoin wasgoed worth around $662 at the time and ventilatoren could reportedly pick up the album for a fraction of that. The rapper pulled ter about 700 Bitcoin te sales which worked out to toughly $400,000 and thought nothing more of it. Te fact, the money sat dormant ter an account for years until…boom. Bitcoin soared.
Price fluctuations at the begin of 2018 eyed Bitcoin valued inbetween $Ten,000 and $12,000 vanaf coin meaning 50 Cent became a crypto millionaire.
Confirming his windfall on Instagram and Twitter, 50 Cent wrote:
‘Ima keep it real, I left behind I did that s**t lol’ – not bad for what wasgoed most likely a bit of a quirk.
Cryptocurrency Marketing takeaways: There are two lessons to be learnt from this bizarre yet amusing story:
- Don’t be afraid to think outside of the opbergruimte. Sometimes, hopping on the bandwagon isn’t enough. Project ahead, stay up-to-date with all the latest news and pave your own path to success. 50 Cent did and look where he is now – millions richer and didn’t even notice.
- Understand the power of news. By generating readable material that’s effortless to share you can increase brand awareness without looking overly promotional. The 50 Cent story wasgoed not only good for Bitcoin but for the rapper’s street cred too.
When singing sensation Katy Perry met Warren Buffett back te November 2018 to discuss cryptocurrencies, it sent social media into a bit of a storm. Perry collective news of the somewhat unlikely meeting with hier 68 million Instagram and 110 million Twitter followers leaving ventilatoren intrigued spil to the intricacies of the conversation.
Potentially igniting the rente of millions of potential investors, Perry straks seemed to confirm hier passion for digital currencies with a pic of hier crypto-crazy plows which she again collective to Instagram. Hier tears up featured the logo of leading cryptocurrencies including Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin and Monero.
Cryptocurrency Marketing takeaways: Again, there are numerous lessons to learn from Katy Perry’s shenanigans.
- Ramp up your networking efforts by either mingling with thought leaders or attracting influencers to your business. The support of someone credible is superb for brand awareness and could help you tapkast into a larger target audience.
- Make the most of social media platforms. Posting online is quick, free (ter many cases) and a excellent way to speak directly to your followers. Recall, content is more than the written word so make the most of movies and pictures where possible. Share across all relevant social media channels and use the juist hashtags to generate attention.
- Generate original content. Don’t copy and paste. That said, re-sharing unique celeb posts like the one above is a excellent way to use influencers te your marketing efforts –for free.
American record producer, radio personality, DJ, record label executive and author DJ Khaled is known spil much for his bold personality spil he is for his music – which is perhaps what also makes him such a kasstuk on social media. Known spil the King of Snapchat, DJ Khaled used his social media prowess to endorse the potential of cryptocurrency podium Centra.
He bragged about his brand fresh titanium Centra debit card to overheen 12 million followers on both Instagram and Twitter, working the crowd like a professional and generating flows of comments. He zometeen posted a movie to Instagram showcasing the features of the Centra Wallet app on his iPhone a few weeks after the app succesnummer the Apple Store.
Cryptocurrency Marketing takeaways: Want to market a product successfully? Then here are some tips to bear ter mind:
- Let the experts do their job – DJ Khalid is social media royalty. He knows how to engage with his followers and work a digital crowd.
- Make the most of keywords and hashtags – te the world of online content marketing, thesis are solid gold. They’re good for SEO, generating hum and attracting those looking for information on specific topics.
- Bring your content alive with imagery. Visuals are powerful marketing instruments and should be an integral part of any marketing campaign.
Celebrities and cryptocurrency marketing are big news at the minute – but of course there are limitations. With the latest Facebook bans on ICO marketing and mention of controversial topics such spil digital tokens, even A-listers need to stay well clear of this social verhoging – but then the world of crypto has never bot straightforward.
While the connection inbetween some A-listers and cryptocurrencies can seem random, it’s effortless to see why brands seek out the rich and famous to promote their products – after all a few positive words from a household name can send the financial world into some kleuter of star-struck spin. And if you’re Bitcoin, you just rail the swings of publicity created by the likes of 50 Cent. That said, other celebs seem to be taking a genuine rente into the future of decentralised technology with the likes of Ashton Kutcher rampantly discussing the potential of blockchain.
It’s clear that crypto is everzwijn evolving and by looking at the landscape of digital coins and the various marketing efforts made by leading companies, there’s certainly a loterijlot you can learn.
If you need help with your cryptocurrency marketing efforts, voeling the Contentworks team today. We’ve recently expanded or ICO offerings, so get te touch for more information.